Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Some random thoughts.

The ride:  Combination cyclocross/road ride/creek bath?  Yup,  When Jim and I went riding last week, I got a little muddy on the Contour trail... Here I am post-f#$%ing-freezing creek bath so that I could at least clip in and rotate my tire through the fork.  Notice the muddy and bent left shifter... I may have takin' a header into the mud.  Still smilin'!

The swim: Monday night.  Walking into the pool area, I could tell it was one of those night were I would either get in and make it only 1000 before bailing or start warming up and end up with the longest yardage of the year.  It was a long day.  I missed my regular Masters class at lunch.  And I was hungry.  Hungry for some speed!!! Longest and fastest swim of the training season.

The race:  The Truffle Shuffle.  Is there anything better than having a huge chocolate truffle waiting for you at the finish of the race?  I didn't quite finish as fast as I had hoped (10 seconds  off of last years' time for the 4-miler).  But, I did manage to run sub-6:00s.  And Heather and Jim were there to cheer me on, which made it so worth it.  Meghan took advantage of her extra days of track workouts and her knowledge of my finishing speed.  She dropped me hard right before the 3-mile mark.  Even though, I closed quickly... I ran out of real estate.  There is a reason she is a US National team member and a Olympic Marathon Trials qualifier.. freaky fast!

The just reward:  Some pictures need no words.

Parting shot:  The best bee-hive ever... Major props.


No comments:

Post a Comment