Thursday, August 27, 2009

Things that make you go... hmmm

Just now I tried to send a NYtimes article to a friend of mine through the on-line forwarding service. You know the one: Click the button that says "E-mail this". And instead of interfacing with your e-mail application and popping out a new message window, you get to laboriously cut and paste your friend's address into the little blank, type a short (limit 200-300 character usually) message to inspire your friend to go and read it, and then try and decipher some ghost-like wobbly mix of characters that make you cross-eyed just looking at them:



What does that say... is that an "x" or a "k" at the end of that word that I am hoping begins with an "R"? I failed this one, and the next one. But, on the third try I successfully convinced the computer that I am not a computer.

Now I just hope that my "e-mail" from the website isn't shuttled to junk mail, or worse, spam!

No comments:

Post a Comment