Thursday, November 5, 2009

Week-end preview

I have an epicly fun week-end coming up. More funner that I had two weeks ago with the race double. How's that possible you ask... because I have three races this week-end! Three times the cyclocross fun.

On Saturday, I have the Willamette Valley Series #3, a.k.a the OBRA State Championships. Word on the street (and by street I mean the race flyer) is that the course will be coursing through three buildings... interesting! There will also be Belgian Waffles and Belgian Fries on hand and a Hopworks Beer Garden adjacent to the course. I feel some more heckling coming on. Hopefully the beer tent won't be next to a jump so I won't be shamed into attempting it and faling flat on my face like last time!

On Sunday, pull your socks up, because I am going to race at Cross Crusade! This CXfest is probably one of the most attended CX events in the Northern Hemisphere. It is being held at the Portland International Raceway this week-end. Last year, I raced at the PIR when the USGP came to town. But since, I will be leaving town (to have early Christmas with the Sister in Las Vegas) that week-end, this is my only chance to toss myself among the motocross bumps.

Did I say three? Oh yeah. Within ten minutes of my glorious finish on the Cross Crusade Course, I shall don something pretty and pink and hop onto friend Chapell's single-speed CX bike for the magic of the Singlespeed Cyclocross World Championships (SSCXWC). Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment