Friday, January 16, 2009

Back in the saddle

Ah sweet, sweet health (my cold is mostly gone, just some lingering sniffles and a sexy low voice) and workouts (got a swim at lunch today).  I hooked up with Meghan for a turn around Bald Hill yesterday morning.  And I have also put in a swim with the CBATS masters class that included an 800m IM (ouch!).  

I marked my return to normalcy with a mini-celebration that included Imagining Whirled Peace (the latest and greatest offering from a pair of ice cream geniuses and a tribute to John Lennon).  Or I could quote Bridget Jones and tell you that my most recent relationship is with two men simultaneously —Ben and Jerry.  I swear sometimes it feels like the only reason I do triathlon is so that I can eat as much ice cream as I want.  And spaghetti.  And Wahoo's Tacos... though, on that front, I guess there is no danger of going overboard since the nearest Wahoo's is 686 miles away, or about an 11 hour drive.

I have big plans for MLK Jr. week-end (they sadly do not include driving to Fresno, CA for Wahoo's), but I am currently house-sitting for Heather and Jim and they live a stone's throw from the Oak Creek entrance to the forest... I plan to take in some seriously awesome hiking and cyclocross riding this week-end to take advantage of the fact that the valley has been "dry" (no rain, just moisting) for the past week.  Yeah!

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm, the nearest wahoo's to me is less than a mile. i love their green sauce - YUM. maybe i could mail you some tacos??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love it if you mailed me some tacos...I'm not sure how that would work, maybe if you just sent me the sauce (Christmas) and the seasoned meat?... Then I could eat it in my sticker-room :-) Wouldn't be the same... but wouldn't it be cool if I could convince my landlord that a sticker-room doesn't violate my lease!

    ReplyDelete