Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stuff you should know...

I'm paying homage to my favorite podcasters here, Josh and Chuckers, of Stuff You Should Know fame.

Since it's been a few weeks (okay a month) there's some stuff you should know.

First, I signed up for a half-marathon.

Second, then I signed up for a marathon.

Third, then I signed up for an Ironman.... Not!

But, the first two are true.  I won an entry to the Eugene Marathon/Half-Marathon at the Tumor Shooter race.  I couldn't resist signing up for the half.  I took one look at the course profile, surmised that the finish was going to be in the Stonehenge of American distance running (Hayward Field),  and clicked the mouse button.  Boo-yaa!  As for the marathon, I am one of the lucky runners to be picked for the Brooks Inspire Daily P.A.C.E team.  As a member of the team, I get to race in one the the Brooks sponsored Rock 'n Roll Marathons or Half-marathons.  So, San Diego it is!  My sister, Shorty, will also be racing the marathon for something like the third or fourth time (she had completed nine overall).  Look for me on the start line in my Night-life uniform. Trust me, you can't miss it.

Which brings me to this fine morning.  I am so nervous and preoccupied, that I put four scoops of grounds in the French press instead of three... ye-ah!  My apologies, if the verbage is verbose and frenetic.  It's not my fault.  I swear.

Major props and prayers to the GSM go out to my BFFs the Rydholm's as they race Ironman St. George. Also, sending mojo and juju to fellow Corvegans Gordie (NW Multisport owner) and Nick.

I am headed down to Eugene, OR this morning for the race expo and packet pick-up with a few of my training partners (Ger and JJ)... I checked out the list of vendors and it looks to be a good one.  Also very interested in checking out the Flap Jack Stack competition (they are going for a world record for highest stack of pancakes).

And who says it doesn't pay to be a superfan of track and field?  I followed the Drake and Penn relays on FloTrack last week-end.  They had a competition going to guess the winner/winning time of the High School Relay events.  Guess who won a free pair of shoes from RunningWarehouse.com for correctly prognosticating the H.S. Gilrs 4x800?! Who me?

And on a final note, it is official.  I set a new personal record for the bike commute from my house to work yesterday!  10:52 I didn't have to stop or slowdown at any stoplights.  No pedestrians were harmed in the process.  And, I even had to go slightly out of my way to avoid marching Army squabs in full dress uniform on their way to some flag ceremony on the OSU's Quad.

If you want to try and follow my race tomorrow online, supposedly you can enter my name or number (6723) on facebook or twitter.  I am going to try and set two PRs in one week-end (Friday counts)!

That's all my stuff?  Did I forget anything?

Oh, I did forget something!!!  I won the 200 IM at the Oregon State Short Course Masters Champs a couple weeks ago.  Not to mention, taking second in the 1650yd (20:39), second in the 100 yd. Fr (1:00.43), and first in the 500 yds.  I also swam three relays... butterfly in the Womens 200 Medley, kicking it in with a 30.54!  My masters swim team, CBATS, finished second in the Medium-size team competition.  Very cool.  Stay-tuned for information about our annual fundraiser for Coach Bill's fitness foundation in a few weeks.  Who says triathletes don't know how to swim?

No comments:

Post a Comment