Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Nann and Saag

Day 1 of vacation:
I arrived in Boulder just in time for an afternoon rain shower. But in Boulder, you never get wet when it rains, so it was all good.

Eric met me at the bus and we dropped my stuff off in his car and parked ourselves at Sherpa's. If you ever visit Boulder (or live there and haven't been to this restaurant yet), go for the lunch special. So, good.... Nann is this tasty flat bread that is used for dipping into sauce, soup, or piled high with the Saag, a spinach and mustard leaf curry dish, that accompanied by a little chicken, makes for a tasty, and very green (almost iridescent with all that chlorophyll), lunch.

Then it was off to Sunflower Market for a little grocery shopping for my CB trip and his 4th of July festivities. I stocked up on all the necessities: Cherries, blueberries, PB&J, stevia, eggs, old fashioned oats, and dark chocolate. Yeah, baby.

By the time we were done shopping, the combination of the great food, traveling, the dry heat, and my all-nighter was sending me into a stupor. And so it was that as soon as I got to A&E's house, I was only able to read a 1/2 page of my book before falling into a two-hour refresher nap on the spare bed (so comfortable).

I spent the evening dining with an ex-flame over perfectly marinated and BBQ-ed steaks, broccoli, merlot, and a rasberries-ice cream-and shortcake dessert.

Day two I'll be traveling through the mountains of Colorado to CB!

3 comments:

  1. hey there...just getting caught up on blogs from our holidays in canada! we will be back this weekend(hopefully, providing that the VW van cooperates). hope to see you on your way back through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to get a "visit with Sunny" party/BBQ planned and invites sent....any more thoughts on time/date? Hope CB is treating you well!
    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just moved to Broomfield ... what is the recommended coffee shop?

    All this sounds like a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete