Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eva's Ride

Retro-Blog
Chapter 2:
Get your sexy on

Sadly, one of my favorite riding buddies moved away a couple of week-ends ago.... back to Portland to live with her Mom, come unscrewed, find a job.

But before she took off on this new adventure, we declared the Beaver Girlz Thursday Night Ride the official "Au revoir, Eva" ride (on cyclocross bikes of course).  I didn't get the memo about wearing a halter top, but Eva helped me out by making me ride with my cycling jersey only half-zipped (don't worry, there was never any danger of anything falling out, wardrobe malfunction, etc.).  We rode up the Oak Creek fire road to the top of Dimple Hill as usual.  At the top, Eva pulled out a can of Natty Light for herself and then boldy announced "I have one for you".  (????  I am a beer snob who sticks to the microbrews only, so I was a tad concerned).

But out comes a brown-bottled goodness.  She rocks.  Yeah!  We drank a little.  Posed a little.
Then decided to ride for a little more.  A bomber down Dan's which, if you take it fast enough, can be quite a trip on a cyclocross bike.  Plus, this was the first chance I got to try out the new brake system that Full Cycle hooked me up with (love those guys): wide-profile cantilever brakes.  I got them to ease some of the jitters I was getting from the front when I braked hard, and to also gain a little power and brake-pad travel over the linear-pull breaks I was riding with before.    They'll also come in handy once the mud shows up later in the fall winter (gasp! Not yet!)


No comments:

Post a Comment