Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sunday Skirt ride

Looking for an excuse to ride a bike in a dress (and biker shorts underneath)... Erika scheduled brunch for her and Heather and I at Gathering Together Farms to be preceded by a leisurely ride in the country last Sunday.  If you've never been to brunch there... it is a veritable spread of all things breakfast.  It is not your hotel style eggs, hashbrowns, toast, and choice of warmed over pastry.  No, no, no.  Instead it is a mouth-watering menu filled with organic, breakfast foods with a gourmet twist, accompanied by an all-you-can-eat smorgasbord of breakfast appetizers (think mini-quiches, fruit salad, intricate donuts and puff pastry, etc.)

But before we could partake in the gluttony, we had to work up some perspiration (women don't sweat, they perspire).  Meeting at the corner of 53rd and Country Club Rd, I in my sundress, Erika in a lovely floral number, and Heather wearing the only skirt she owned (we'll work on this) we proceeded toward Decker, getting more than a few glances from cars and cyclists along the way.  It was a really superbly satisfactory riding experience... it doesn't always have to be hard core boys! 

At breakfast, I think that I took in more calories than I burned.  Oh well.  It was worth it. Breakfast was amazing.  A denver omelette of sorts, made from farm fresh eggs and veggies that might have been picked that morning.  The coffee kept coming and we toasted the morning with some "sparkling" orange juice.  Afterward, I picked some flowers for my new place (oh yeah, I moved, more on that later).  At $0.25 a stem, who could resist?

Sweet morning!

1 comment:

  1. lol, a skirt/dress ride?!?! i would love to see that and all the folk you freaked out along the way!

    ReplyDelete