Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting over the hump

Weather:  Freezing and determined to make me fall on my butt.

Roads:  Icy, with patches of asphalt.

Motivation:  -6, that's how many degrees Fahrenheit below freezing it is.

Plus side:  It is my total off week!  No biking (could only do it on a trainer anyway).  No running (also on a trainer unless I want to fire-up the yak-trax).  Swimming, best described as "floating" or "hot-tubbing".

Car: Warming up waiting for me to drive it in.  Normally, I'm no sissy about bike-commuting, but my God,  I "rode" my bike home from work on Monday and I crashed twice.  One crash sent my bike careening across an ice sheet and me doing my best interpretation of the Road-runner as the cleats on my bike shoes desperately tried to find purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment