Sunday, December 28, 2008

Swimming the Days of Christmas

I continued to get a jump on my New Years' resolution this week, though I am still undecided about the "A" race (see side panel and vote... Eric, I'm seriously considering Twin Cities Marathon!).  Having Christmas in the middle of it was both a blessing and an even better blessing.

This week's training went something like this:
Four soggy runs,
Three dog walks,
Two Splish Swims,
and an easy spi-in on my trainer.

The snow finally let up, but the rain kept at it.  I fortunately avoided a major soaking.  But the trails were so muddy, that I was forced to stick to the bike paths.  Even so, I managed to get really dirty on Tuesday stomping in the puddles along the Philomath bike path (glorious).

The weeks marquee event was an attempt on the Twelve Swims of Christmas with the CBATS (Corvallis Bad-a$$ Team of Swimmers) on Christmas Eve.  Complete with my new Splish suit and matching lid.  The swim went something like this:

Start with 25 yards of fly.  Then do 50 yds of back, 25 yds of fly.  Next comes 75 yds of breast, 50 yds of back, and 25 yds of fly.  Each addition is unique that vary from combinations of stoke, IMs, all freestyle, or choice with the 12th addition being 300 yds.  If you get through the whole thing at once it is 9100 yds.  We made it through day 8 (3000 yds) during the lunch break before having to get back to work.  Monday we are going to attempt to finish it off, though I'm pretty sure 6100 yds of swimming isn't on my training plan tomorrow.  Let me look.  Yup, not on the training plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment