Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Partly cloudy

Back from California, and the weather is typical: cold, rain, what did I expect?  Well, I did expect to haul in two of my last hard weeks before starting my mini taper for Wildflower Triathlon.  Bike miles, check.  Strong swimming, check.  No running: WTF?  I went for a great easy run on Monday night around Bald Hill.  Good run, plantar on left foot a little sore, but nothing to write home about (or blog).

Ahem.

Tuesday morning... a little painful taking that first step out of bed.  45 minutes later... I'm running a good long tempo workout with Meghan.  1st hard effort goes fine.  2nd hard effort, I get half way through and I have to stop because my heal feels like it is hitting a giant rock ever step!  OMG.  I finished off the workout, sort of.  But the jog, that eventually deteriorated into a walk, was awful and by the time I got to work, I was limping.  And I don't limp.

Meghan helped me out big time last night with some deep tissue massage and a flexi-tape job.  I can actual put pressure on it today, but the Run for the Roses Half Marathon this week-end is out.  Along with my second, shorter, hard workout tomorrow and possible my easy run in the forest on Friday.  Bollocks!

On a side note:  Colbert was on a role a few nights ago.  Are we all narcissists?  Updating our status on Facebook to say that we are updating our status on Facebook.  Tweeting that we are updating our status on Facebook.  And adding details of the status update on our blog.  Maybe a little.  But I prefer to say that we are connecting with our people on an even higher level (or junking up the electric waves).  Ah the bygone days when we wrote letters, only told personal stories to close friends, and had to put a quarter in the slot to make a phone call on the road.  I must be getting older.  Hmmmm....  I'm updating my status on Facebook to say that I am blogging about the days when I didn't blog :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment