Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Friend request....

I have a new Facebook friend. Now this by itself is neither new nor terribly interesting. What gives me pause is the fact that I woke up the other day to an email informing me I had a Facebook friend request from Sunny Gilbert. What?
I had to log in to make sure that I hadn’t tried to friend myself. It’s true, Sunny Gilbert is an accomplished chef in Melbourne, Australia and he is my newest friend on Facebook. Now I have to admit I knew of his existence. I have googled my own name (admit it...you do it, too!) and in the results amidst the triathlon news and weather pages for Gilbert, Arizona, links appear for reviews of restaurants in Australia. I think he must be pretty good as I think he is head chef at the Vic Harbor Kitchen and Bar and has won an Australian Young Achiever Award for his talent in the kitchen. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment