Monday, March 23, 2009

Day one of the Solvang bike training trip...

in bed.  And this is not the end of a message from a fortune cookie.  The 14 hour workdays and the see-food-eat-food mentality that I had adopted in my build up to vacation (trying to get too much done and avoid having to go to the grocery store) finally caught up with me.

On the drive down, my head was pounding and I faded in and out of being hot, cold, lethargic, or restless.  I knew I was in for a big one... The cold.  Or as it is known in my current neck of the woods:  The Corvallis Plague.  All day Sunday, my nose ran like a faucet: out the front and down the back of my throat.  I was starting to get those really productive sounding coughs... you know which ones I'm talking about.  My legs felt like lead just getting out of the car.  And I had to stand at the top of the stairs to catch my breath (I would not stoop to taking the elevator in a three-story building).

Heather, Jim, and Pete wanted to go for an afternoon ride... and I just let them.  My place was in bed, watching March Madness, and trying heal enough to make the rest of the training week productive.  Just to show how out of it I was:  I was watching the MU-Marquette game and I fell asleep at half-time!


Well, my Tigers are in the Sweet 16 and I am felling much better today... ride details to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment