Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Turning 30!

Friday the 13th... and another milestone birthday falling on a Friday (13th B-day was on Friday, too).  Even though I had lots of work to do, I was determined not to make it just any old day.  So I started off by hoping in the car and heading to my favorite trail for an hour run as the sun rose.  But before I could hop out... I got a raucous "Happy Birthday" from Amber and Eric on the phone.  We took a minute to catch up since it had been awhile since we chatted and then they were off to work in Colorado, and I was off to run in the dewey morning.  It was muddy, almost warm, and vibrant in the forest.

Back at the car, I had three voicemails, two e-cards, a text and  25 facebook messages!  Family and friends sure know how to make a girl feel loved.  I talked to my Mom, got the story of my birthday from my Dad (1st time, surprisingly), caught up with my grandma, called my sister back and tried to answer some of the FB messages (still working on this).  I drove by La Patisserie (local French bakery) and the Green-eep turned into the parking lot of its own volition.  It must have known I desired a blueberry-cream-cheese-flaky-pastry (Cha-yeah!).

Same-o-same-o at work... but I had a good hard swim at lunchtime and managed to leave on-time (gasp).  I had to pick-up the Coldstone Creamery ice cream cupcakes that my parents had reserved for me to mark the occasion (getting a "cake" is a tradition... started the first time I didn't get to see them near my birthday.... about 7 years ago).    Those things are sinful!  I took them over to Heather and Jim's for dessert.  Bill and Erika and Marshall came over to help me devour them and we all went for a walk afterward.  I was so happy.  My birthday was one of my best days in a long time!

And the best was yet to come.... I don't have time to write right now :-)  But, Heather and Erika treated me to a birthday night out in Seattle as we escaped Corvallis.  More later, and pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 30th! I'm doing my second ever marathon for my 30th celebration next month. Wish me luck! I'm out now scouring the internet for tips on fueling so I don't have the crash I did on the first one. Hope all is well!

    Ben Caldwell whowantspizza@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete