Tuesday, May 20, 2008

And then there were five.

I'ld like to introduce you to the newest addition in my family. She was born on Monday 5/19/o8 at 7:45 am weighing 20.8 lbs. I've named her Taxi (after Vern's new puppy... no worries, she said it was okay).

With Tigger still struggling from the five flats last week (finally figured out I had a spoke poking through the rim tape), I put the commuter pedals on Taxi and took her for her maiden voyage. Now, I realize that commuting to work is kind of a lame for a first ride on a cross bike, so I added in some curbs and the grassy knoll of the quad on campus.

And after today Taxi will no longer be clean and pure. Why? Oh, Oregon, thy weather is so fickle... after five days of 80+ temps and dry trails, I woke up this morning to a pouring rain. So what better time to see what my new bike is made of in the Mac Forest. I'll let you know how she does.

1 comment: