Monday, May 12, 2008

Mom's Day

Occasionally I like to give props to people I know (or would like to know) for doing something extraordinary, out-of-the-ordinary, or ordinary but with flair. And in the spirit of Mother's Day, I'm giving some major ones to my Mumsters (and my Dad, but his day is later).

Come June 12, Mumsters and Pappa-choos will be riding the Katy Trail in Missouri from end-to-end. That's 110 miles over three days across gravel/dirt paths in some of the most beautiful river bluff country in Missouri. They are doing this to raise money for Habitat for Humanity in an effort with the MO-Hab riders (get it? Missouri, MO, Moab???). And to get ready for the ride, they rode 44 miles last week-end. That is almost farther than I would have biked on a given week-end (we'll get to that later). Freakin' awesome. It wasn't to terribly long ago that Mumsters (aka Maggie) had to get back surgery and had trouble walking because of her knees. And I continually worried about both of my parents lack of exercise because of the draw on their time from their electric business.

So, I just wanted to hand out some props and say that I thought I couldn't be prouder of my Mom. She continues to amaze me. You go girl!

1 comment:

  1. wow, that's pretty hardcore...now we know where you get it from ;)

    ReplyDelete