Friday, May 16, 2008

Another historic week

I felt awesome after my race. But, this was the week I needed the rest. So aside from a couple of key workouts, I've mostly been laying low. If you can call demolishing the women's field at the Coburg TT on Tuesday laying low. :-)

Time trials hurt a lot. Now I understand why the faces of Le Tour riders look like they do. Going as hard as you can for (in my case only 40 minutes). And it isn't like triathlon where I just tell myself that I have to save it for the run (convenient excuse). Nope, in this case, the quads start burning and I have to keep pushing harder.

And, the piece de resistance (said in a snooty French accent with nose turned up), my cyclocross bike is in! I pick it up on Saturday, but I just couldn't wait to check it out. Gordie at Northwest Multisport emailed me around lunch yesterday to tell me that Brown Santa had arrived with a present. I love Brown Santa. And he waited to open the box until I got there so that it really was like Christmas.

But, the week wouldn't be complete without Tigger drama. Three flat tires and the last one occurred mid-commute home on Wednesday after my hill running interval workout. I had no tubes, no vulcanizing agent for my patches, and no desire to stop and figure out what had caused the flat. So, I rode the rim for two miles. And because I did not have any tubes at home (I live with mountain bikers), I was forced to ride my roommate's authentic cruiser to work on Thursday, complete with short saddle and two gears. It took me 10 minutes longer to get there and I looked like a slightly more hard core version of the Wicked Witch of the East....duh,duh,duh,da,da,duh,duh,duh,da.

No comments:

Post a Comment