Tuesday, June 17, 2008

To vacuum or not to vacuum, that is the question.

It's time for another edition of "Wouldn't it be cool....", an occasional topic that arises from news stories, conversations over frothy beverages (beer or latte, you pick), the blogosphere, or just things I overhear.  Today's idea is dedicated to my roommate, who told me last week that one of his goals is to not vacuum his room for the entire time he lives at our house.  9 months and holding strong.  Even in the face of my new you-can-see-what-you-are-sucking Bissell vacuum cleaner that I bought to honor my friend Tom Zirbel, awesome cyclist and member of the Bissell Pro Cycling team.

So, in the spirit of seeing just what might be lurking in his carpet, I set out on my mission and found the jackpot.  Not only did I find info on the creepy crawlies that grown in household carpet (warning, you might never want to walk on your carpet barefoot again after reading this...then again, there are probably worse things growing in your shower), but I stumbled upon a blogger who has the solution: Future carpet.  A concept similar to what might happen if you got gum in your hair, or dyed it a color you don't like.  It would grow a little and you would then cut it.  Voila.  But, see then, you would have to have a lawn-mower contraption for your carpet, thus defeating the whole purpose of not having to vacuum.

Some things in life are just lose-lose.

1 comment:

  1. oooh, do my room!!!! i bet you would find some great stuff....
    seriously, i really didn't need to know that...

    ReplyDelete