Friday, November 14, 2008

Autopilot

I must have forgotten to take my brain out of the jar by my bedside yesterday morning.

After shampooing my face and applying conditioner to my hair twice, I left for work without my computer or my lunch. I spaced my hair appointment, thinking it was at 4:00 pm instead of 10:00 am.

I left my helmet at work the previous night when I drove home. I left my lock at home when I rode to work.
At the grocery store, I bought milk and bananas, only to get home and find a bunch of six bananas already in the fruit basket. Anyone need a banana?

I forgot that I hadn’t taken my whites out of the washing machine before turning it on to fill for the darks (the needed to be washed twice anyway).

But, I got to go for a night-ride in the forest on my cyclocross bike, my legs feel fantastic after the marathon, and the sun is out during an Oregon winter.

Tonight I am going to make a checklist for the shower and get it laminated so that I can check off each things as I do it. Shampoo. Wash face. Apply conditioner. Body wash. Shave. Rinse. Lather. Repeat. Sing it loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment