Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day of Rest

Ah-hah! It finally hit me like a 300 lb. linebacker... that inevitable wave of fatigue that I was convinced would not be mine after last week-end's excitements. Following the marathon last Sunday, I felt good enough to stand for two hours at a Madonna concert, get-up at 6:00 am the next morning to catch my flight home, work late on Monday, ride in the Mac-Dunn forest on Thursday night, and take a two hour spin around town on Saturday.

And then all of a sudden, on Saturday night, I couldn't even drag myself upstairs after I got home from a potluck dinner. I slept on the futon instead (bad move). I woke up slightly creaky and cranky, and not convinced that my deepest desire was to drive to Portland and race the last in the Cross Crusade series.  When my ride bailed, I tried half-heartedly to find another, cried for a few minutes (I may be slightly hormonal), and then decided to make coffee and clean my apartment.

Well, that was the plan. But, I'm out of coffee beans, too tired to clean, and Jim agreed to help me figure out why my dome lights won't go out in my Green-Eep (unless I pull the fuse... not a long term solution). So, instead I went over to visit Jim the Toolman (seriously, I grew up around tools and this man could restock Home Depot). We didn't figure out why the dome lights wouldn't turn off (typical... they went out just as I was pulling up to the house), but we did reattach my door button (I can't possibly think of why it was unattached in the first place... ahem), air up my spare tire (it was flatter than a punctured road tire), and secure the interior panel piece that had come loose on the trunk door.  And I got some coffee from him, too!

Add some football viewing to this day, throw in a Quantum of Solace, and some chicken soup for my tummy (I make an amazing chicken soup, if I may say so... today's special ingredient: Sage) and there you have it, and there you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment